Easyfundraising is a shopping directory listing some of your favourite online stores, including Argos, Next, Amazon, Debenhams, John Lewis, Toys R Us, HMV and over 600 other top name stores. Whenever you shop with any one of them using the links provided on the easyfundraising site, you'll generate a free donation for us of up to 15% of the purchase price every time! It really is that simple!
It's completely FREE to register and you won't pay a penny more for your shopping when you use the easyfundraising site. In fact you can even SAVE MONEY as many retailers give discounts, special offers and even 'e-vouchers' exclusive to easyfundraising.
You can shop for holidays, flights, electronics, mobile phones, computing equipment, food, wine, pet supplies, finance, insurance and much more - and every purchase you make will raise funds for us at absolutely no cost to you!
All you need to do is register for free at http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/csmptfa and use easyfundraising every time you shop online.
How Funds Are Spent
In 2008, the PTFA have spent funds that have been raised for the school on the following so far:
- Pantomime for the children at Christmas
- Outside sound equipment
- £1000 on coaches to subsidise all school trips (given annually)
- £60 topic money for each class (given annually)
- Continental breakfast for the whole school after all the children walked to school from Westpoint
- New banner
- Breakfasts for a week for the children taking SATs tests in Year 6
- Ice lollies for all the children at the end of Sports Day
- Trophies for the Clyst St. Mary's Got Talent Competition held at the Summer Fete
- Plants, materials and refreshments for the School Grounds Day
- Art sets for Year 3 children
- Membership of the National Confederation of Parent Teacher Associations (paid annually) and other PTFA administration e.g. photocopying
- £50 to Breakfast Club for toys
From 2004-2007, the PTFA provided the school with many additional items for the children using money raised by parents and friends! Some of the items from which the children are now benefiting include:
- Fabulous new Children's Play Castle in grounds
- New state-of-the-art Smart Panels (interactive whiteboards now installed in every class)
- Installed infrared Sound Field System in classrooms
- 5 new zoom digital cameras and memory cards
- £650 of art and specialist items for all classes - GIVEN ANNUALLY
- £1100 contribution towards school trip transport costs - to assist each and every pupil - GIVEN ANNUALLY
- Costumes for the Christmas Nativity Play
- New Bench Seats and Friendship Seating in the grounds
- £180 of sport & play items for lunchtime use with the Play Assistants
- 2 new CD players
- Materials for murals & refurbishment of children's toilets to the children's own designs
- Material for costumes for the annual summer production
- Numeracy homework book scheme for the whole school (including Literacy book scheme for Y6)
- New PA system microphones and stands for school productions
- IT equipment for the "roaming computer turtle"
- Toys, Dressing up equipment and new Play House for Class One
- New picnic table and 8 sun parasols for tables
- "Hippo" bin and flower filled tubs in playground
- Materials for painting, repairing & gardening in the school grounds on annual PTFA Grounds Day
- Gym mat holder and trolley for school hall
- New exterior Clock for the playground
The PTFA funds were raised from two well-supported and successful annual school based events - The Christmas Bazaar and The Summer Fete & Silent Auction. Other funds were raised through: the production of children's Christmas Cards, children's tea towels, hire of a plane for a Santa Flight, Valentine, Easter & Halloween children's discos, personalised football shirts, Pampered Chef evening, fees from Gym & Drama clubs, Grand Summer Prize Draws, raffles at school events and the selling of school uniform. Uniform sales are solely organised by one parent Wendy Laverick - a huge thank you for all her hard work throughout the year.
The PTFA aid the school in other ways too - we provide refreshments for the Christmas, Summer School Productions and for Sports Day - when each child is given an ice lolly too! At Christmas we provide each child with a cracker and juice for their School Christmas Lunch! .